The first objective of our trip to Spain, Santiago de Compostela, I would like to visit again in the Holy Year. On the way we have crossed the St. James a few times and I've given up the memories of last year when I come through these places on foot was.
The first destination of our trip through Spain had been Santiago de Compostela. I wanted to visit that place again powerful - this year being a holy year. On our way we visited some places along the Camino de Santiago and I was reminiscing about last year when I've been walking by foot from village to village.
I would have loved to finally face Botafumeiro seen in action, a huge incense burner that is on a long rope swung by eight men across the entire transept of the cathedral. Usually only on special occasions or just for donations, but always in the Holy Year pilgrims every show. Unfortunately, I am obviously again at the wrong time came, there were built in two aisles scaffolds to - make some repairs - probably because of the upcoming papal visit. Therefore it was the famous Botafumeiro only admire standing in the library.
Before the holy gate we had a long queue to pass to.
I really had wanted to finally see the huge censer, the Botafumeiro, swinging from one end of the catherdal's transept to the other. This is normally done by eight men on special occasions or daily after the pilgrim's mass during the holy year. Unfortunetely my timing had been bad again, because in preparation for the pope's visit some restoration of the side aisle were being made. So you could just take a look at the Butafumeiro standing in the library. You had to wait
in a long queue if you wanted to go through the Holy portal.
From Santiago, we are then still to Finisterre - moved to end of the world where there is domestic pilgrims, a swim in the sea and his burning clothes worn during the pilgrimage.
From Santiago we drove to Finisterre - the world's end, where pilgrims are supposed to go for a swim in the sea and burn the clothes they have worn during the pilgrimage
0 comments:
Post a Comment